Shanghai Electric Vehicle Public Data Collecting, Monitoring and Research Center (hereinafter referred to as Data Center), launched by Shanghai International Automobile City (Group) Co., Ltd, Shanghai Motor Vehicle Inspection Certification & Tech Innovation Center Co., Ltd (formerly known as Shanghai Motor Vehicle Inspection Center), Shanghai Jiao Tong University Education Development Foundation and Jiading District Branch of Society for Promotion of the Guangcai Program, is a non-profit organization (independent legal entity) established with the written permission of SHEITC and the approval from Shanghai Community Administration and is guided by SHEITC.
Data Center is the execution unit of "U.S.-China EV Shanghai-Los Angels EV data collecting and research framework agreement"signed by Chinese Ministry of science and technology and Department of energy of the United States.
Data Center is the only organization in Shanghai to collect and analyze public data of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure. Its functions include collecting the public data of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure across Shanghai, as well as carrying out studies on consumer driving and charging behavior, in order to provide consultation and evidence for decision-making in fields such as demonstration and popularization of electric vehicles in the city, making and evaluation of policies, as well as planning of charging infrastructure. It also provides consultation and systematic services to companies trying to innovate on business mode of electric vehicle, and to consumers who want to adopt electric vehicles.
Five main functions
1. Collect public data related to EV in Shanghai, establish power battery traceability system and provide security monitoring support for EV promotion
2. Conduct customer behavior analysis and battery health research, regularly formulate and publish data-based analysis report
3. Provide consulting and decision support for NEV promotion, policy making & evaluation and complementary infrastructure planning
4. Establish Shanghai NEV Data Open Innovation Laboratory and explore open data innovations
5. Actively conduct domestic and international cooperation & exchange, and build a professional, open and integrated platform for cooperation and exchange for win-win results